THE SECOND TRIMESTER (weeks 13-27)
Such an exciting time of growth and change. Making great choices during this trimester about nutrition, exercise, and emotional health can have incredibly positive impact on your birth experience. Partners often begin to feel more connected in the pregnancy journey during this season as they can see Mama's belly grow and feel pepi moving. Now is the time to focus inward, process what needs processing, and make informed decisions. This season can be described as a caterpillar inside its chrysalis making the changes that need to be made.
Book The Birthing Room's Private Antenatal Sessions
- Individualised sessions that can be done in the comfort of your own home, at our North Canterbury base, or via Skype/Google Hangouts.
- Sessions can be done on your own, as a couple, or with your whānau (family). This means whoever you are choosing to support you during your birth and afterwards can attend with you, ensuring you all hold the same knowledge.
- The choice of topics is yours! You have the option to pick and choose from the range of topics offered, as well as adding in any of your own. This means that topics that are relevant to your situation such as multiple birth, or pregnancy diabetes can easily be part of your antenatal education.
- Because of the flexibility available with individualised sessions they can be tailored to meet the needs of any people who would usually miss out on antenatal education. These include high profile New Zealanders, parents-to-be with busy work schedules, immigrants, families with transport issues including families in rural areas, teen parents-t0-be, mums-t0-be in hospital, those with other children, and those with previous birth trauma.
- Can be done as a world class education course on its own, or in conjunction with attending a group course elsewhere.
- Cost: $50/hr via Skype/Google Hangouts - $60/hr in person (offered to parts of Canterbury only)
The Birthing Room Antenatal Classes
- On hold until 2018
THE THIRD TRIMESTER (weeks 28-40+)
Wow, the caterpillar has now emerged from her chrysalis as a beautiful, extraordinary, empowered butterfly ready to embark on her journey! After working your way through The Birthing Room's Pathway for Empowered Birth you will feel confident to make informed decisions during this trimester, whilst feeling confident in your body's ability to birth your baby. Continuing to attend workshops during this trimester will help you enter into parenthood prepared, with knowledge, understanding and love. Most of these events are designed for you to bring your family and friends to, helping gather your "village" in preparation for parenthood.
BabyCalm Antenatal Workshop with BabyCalm & ToddlerCalm Christchurch
- An exclusive deal for only $30*
- 3hr workshop which provides information and understanding for caring for your newborn
- Covers topics such as sleeping, to swaddle or not to swaddle, crying, settling a newborn and more
- For parents-to-be only
- *Participants must have attended The Birthing Room Antenatal Classes to attend for this price
Bringing Tikanga Maori Practices Back to Birth
- Traditional Maori birth practices
- Make a biodegradable ipu whenua (your choice of harakeke or clay)
- A 2hr workshop for parents to be and their whanau
The Birthing Room Doco and Discussion evenings
BOOK IN NOW FOR YOUR ANTENATAL CLASSES OR A WORKSHOP WITH THE BIRTHING ROOM
Subscribe to keep up to date with our newest antenatal class information.