Are you passionate about seeing New Zealand families have more positive birth experiences? Now is your opportunity to join New Zealand's most holistic and empowering antenatal education provider. BirthWorks International antenatal education and doula companionship (kiwi companion service) has been available to expectant families for over five years now in various parts of the country. During this time BirthWorks educators and doulas in New Zealand have seen the incredible improvement in birth outcomes and experiences that is generated by expectant families incorporating BirthWorks into their journey.
BirthWorks International needs more women to join their awesome New Zealand team! Without more facilitators and kiwi companions, BirthWorks will remain limited to lucky parts of the country. But we are passionate about seeing all New Zealand families have the opportunity to be part of empowering and life changing education and support. So if talking about awesome birth outcomes lights your fire, please join a BirthWorks workshop coming up in June 2015! BirthWorks training is open to those with no previous experience, as well as health professionals. If you are a doula, breastfeeding educator, childbirth educator or midwife, please talk to BirthWorks to see if an accelerated pathway of training is available.
"BirthWorks International is the only organization to promote birth as an instinctive process that doesn’t need to be learned. Birthing a baby requires the integration of the mind, body, and spirit. BirthWorks provides an emotional preparation for birth as well as current, evidence-based information. We are a Holistic Childbirth Organization that is designed to help women develop more trust and faith in their ability to give birth. BirthWorks is the only childbirth organization that actively promotes the practice of Human Values that empowers and transforms women in birth. The practice of Human Values increases confidence and decreases fear. We provide crucial information about Pelvic Bodywork. Knowledge of position helps a baby pass through the pelvis more easily. A high value is placed on empowering women through the process of birth helping them to experience transformation into Motherhood. BirthWorks has been educating women about birth and offering Childbirth Classes for over two decades and Doula Certification and Services for over one decade. We have structured a high quality curriculum that also includes flexibility to meet the needs of our Childbirth classes." www.birthworks.org
Upcoming BirthWorks International Workshops
BirthWorks International Accelerated Childbirth Educator and Doula Workshop:
- June 21st-24th 2015
- Pegasus, South Island (only 15mins north of Christchurch)
- An accelerated pathway to become a childbirth educator and a doula (kiwi companion) in one course, saving you time and money
- Hosted by leading antenatal education organisation The Birthing Room
- Be part of The Birthing Room's Christchurch evening event on Saturday 20th, bringing you the latest evidence-based research on childbirth and breastfeeding. Guest speakers include lecturers from Canterbury University and Cathy Daub, president of BirthWorks International.
BirthWorks International Childbirth Educator Workshop:
- June 27th-29th 2015
- Auckland, North Island
- A three day workshop kick starting your journey as a childbirth educator
- Internationally recognised qualification
- Workshop also open to Aoraki trained childbirth educators and NZ midwives as continuing education