Are you pregnant, or know someone who is pregnant in Canterbury under the age of 24? The Youth Alive Trust’s antenatal classes for young parents called BUMP is starting in two weeks & still has some places left! BUMP is a BirthWorks course designed for young parents, facilitated by The Birthing Room. The course helps participants develop more trust & faith in their instinctual ability to give birth and parent their newborn. BUMP covers a range of holistic topics, as well as offering a Mum2Mum mentor, and amazing food. AND IT’S ALL FREE! Please help spread the word & see this amazing new opportunity for young parents to be snapped up! BUMP Antenatal Classes
Such a precious time catching up with one of the facilitators of the Te Māhuri Breastfeeding Group this week! We were discussing how The Birthing Room's BirthWorks Antenatal Classes for young parents can encourage and nurture breastfeeding. Te Māhuri had fantastic ideas and it was great to hear about the amazing role they are playing in the community. Thanks for your wisdom! BirthWorks Antenatal Classes for young parents will begin in 2015 in Christchurch, and they are FREE!! For more information CONTACT US
AWESOME OPTIONS FOR ANTENATAL EDUCATION IN 2018
Pregnancy is such an exciting time of growth and change. Making informed choices about nutrition, exercise, emotional health and birth planning can have incredibly positive impact on your birth experience. This all begins with having the right information and the right tools to make informed decisions. No matter where your pregnancy journey has taken you so far, our individualised pregnancy antenatal education options will help the arrival of your little one be more empowered, unique and positive.
Book The Birthing Room's Private Antenatal Sessions
- Individualised sessions that can be done in the comfort of your own home via Skype/Google Hangouts.
- Sessions can be done on your own, as a couple, or with your whānau (family). This means whoever you are choosing to support you during your birth and afterwards can attend with you, ensuring you all hold the same knowledge.
- The choice of topics is yours! You have the option to pick and choose from the range of topics offered, as well as adding in any of your own. This means that topics that are relevant to your situation such as multiple birth, or pregnancy diabetes can easily be part of your antenatal education.
- Because of the flexibility available with individualised sessions they can be tailored to meet the needs of any people who would usually miss out on antenatal education. These include high profile New Zealanders, parents-to-be with busy work schedules, immigrants, families with transport issues including families in rural areas, teen parents-t0-be, mums-t0-be in hospital, those with other children, and those with previous birth trauma.
- Can be done as a world class education course on its own, or in conjunction with attending a group course elsewhere.
- Cost: $60/hr via Skype/Google Hangouts - $60/hr in person (offered to Kaikōura residents only)
The Birthing Room Antenatal Classes
- Open again in 2018!
- A holistic and unique programme unlike any other
- Provides support and education for expectant families from their first trimester right through to the end of baby's first 3 months after birth
- Connect with other expectant families in your local area
- By subscribing to our mailing list you'll be the first to hear of course release dates and topics. You'll also receive free pre-release course material!
THE BIRTHING ROOM WORKSHOPS
The Birthing Room offers a range of workshops and conferences to both families and health professionals. To find out what's up and coming in 2018 please subscribe to our mailing list.
BOOK IN NOW FOR YOUR ANTENATAL CLASSES OR A WORKSHOP WITH THE BIRTHING ROOM
Subscribe to keep up to date with our newest antenatal class information.